Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Overcome

You dream of shores scattered.
Drawing me to recollect the beauty.
That comforts me enough to move me.

You saw what shadows hide.
From the figures that drag them.
Down roads they walked apart.

You are one that dreams too.
I can see it in the way you speak.
Talking of such lofty places.
None of which you've touched.

You drag my shadow onwards as well.
Twisted and distorted from the heat of the sun.
Upon the cracked and broken rode I walk.
And dream you do as well finding solace in my step.
As what we've tread through disappears.
Those behind us may awe at how we've gotten here.
Funny how they may never know how far we took.
Though we can't hide what we communicate, can we?
Which that is where people may find what makes us whole.

It's funny you don't believe in gods and dreams for them.
Fairy tales or miracle can inspire me but never make me believe.
There's no faith that moves me but my own two feet.
You stand there claiming to believe in god, praising them in adoration.
Really you are more of a liar than I ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment