Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

All That Matters

All the glittering gold of elegance.
In this you lie, for bent the road we stepped.
Down grinning remains of grandeur walked.
To suffering remains we carry like brimstone behemoth.
You lie for shaking the wings of freedom stained.
To such tragic strands of suffering wrought.
Down paths few follow fallow to suckle malice from greed.
Arriving at still road empty enough to step my feet upon.
When all shadows merge at one destination.
Unable to decipher dark from light you carry on.
When all is shallow but what convinces skies to carry.
You still find joy in glimmering starlight piercing radiant night.
When you see black as emptiness mixed with all that's bright.
Writing paths in the skies for all to see and tremble to be warmed.
You see life that's etched in miracle and circumstance.
For certain temperaments facilitate life and that is all we know.
Yet no miracle exists in this world that can't be logic bound.
Though never have we been able to understand who we are how.
I see her like sky piercing moon and still able to dance around me.
Reflecting all I've ever wanted to see and still know I'm bound by her.
Like some weight she carries that tells me I'm also her strength.
I'd chase her just to watch her swing upon my dreams.
Guiding me through wherever we shall find a place to hold us.
And you shall never fall without first clutching at what we have among us.
To lift us to and through the universe we clutch on wing and freedom bound.
As we watch our dreams unfold like we've become something immortal.
Though also eternally remembered like some sort of starlight message.

And you carry dreams with me, wrought with void and grasping eyes.
Eyes which trail down the path she carries to such spanning places.
Seeing all that ever was and ever could be.
I see her like wilderness and adventure.
Not one which could ever be trodden alone.
As two make one path less lonely.
When all we have is each other.

For her I'd give it all and everything again all over.
Not one road lest forgotten by forgiving tongue.
When all we have are words to soothe the sorrow.
As all we have to give is what we have.
From shadow that knows not but what we've hid.
By being alive enough to touch a life in grace.
Though all we've known is but a dream.
Never to know but what we've forgotten.
For her I'd forget it all and lose it all again.

Though I'd never forget enough to be forgotten.
Though all we have is but a dreamer's song.
That not word could touch enough to appreciate.
That all we'd ever dream is that what is gone.
As we've only known that which we lost.
Not even amnesia could make us forget.
That which we love is eternally significant.
I don't think she ever knew me at all.
Though I've never been afraid to find out I'm forgotten.
By that which never knew me at all.

You ask me how I do as I choose and I'd have to tell you it's better to be afraid than be forgotten by being afraid. Nobody ever makes it out of this life with everything they were intact. Rather bits and pieces of what we've done is all that is ever known of us. Even as time holds our life in reverence the tears, the joys, the triumphs become broken and dismembered by those who come after us. In this we're forgotten not by what we did but by what we didn't do. And that is all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment