Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Faithful Atheist

You saw it like a mazes of infinite shadows.
And where they ran was infinitely warm.
Made warm by shadows that were infinitely warm.
Though not one confused touch ever felt too warm to bear.
As she touched me I felt warmer than I've ever been.
Like life flew into my bones from skin that felt life itself.
I think that's why I could never feel less than alive with her.
My darling that never touched me in a way that ever made me feel cold.
For when she dreamed of how I felt I couldn't tell her.
It was like a maze of feelings I just could not find a pattern to.
I just know she never made me feel like I could ever be less than warm.
Though I always felt like I had an answer to it all, then I'd find it lacking.
Words that she confused more than the confusion it took to make them.
To try to understand how someone so beautiful could be so inexplicable.
I think that's why I confuse myself when I try, stumbling on words I don't understand.
From feelings I can't ever find a way to fully explain.
Though I know she loves one who gives an honest effort.
Honestly effort is all I have to try to understand her.
For who she loves is like a shadow as we only see it when it's gone.
And to inexplicably try to understand is rather hallow.
As you're really grabbing at feathers of angel's wings blown away.
When really the only angel I've ever believed in is in her.
For life could never make anything more fair or beautiful to me.
Though some supposed ideology of god in her you could never question, when she in herself carries her life as more divine than some majesty was ever supposed to be to me.
In this you think you have faith as faith is really just believing in beautiful to me.
For her I feel if she continues to follow what she knows to be good I would never see her as anything but beautiful.
In this you think my faith is inexplicable because I have no faith in God but in her I see God and have faith.
For she is in faith in good as following what I know as beautiful in faith though God exists not outside of her or I though in ourselves and this is why I am an atheist on the outside though also a striving saint when it comes to how I choose to act or behave.
I think there's no better way to believe in perfect good and no other way to never be let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment