Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Pondering of Love

She looked to me like I was greater than I was.
Then she said I'll run and you follow after.
She was talking about her life.

So I took these legs of mine carried by her upon the weight I carry and followed after.
You never knew how I could run so fast and so far yet her hope for me was all I knew to understand.
That's why you had dreamed this was more than just a dream to be forgotten.
For I can still dream of the taste I dream of her hope upon my lips.
A hope I never knew existed until it hit me like it never wasn't real.

So you had run faster than even I could recollect looking back to feel the taste of summertime upon my lips.
For joy is how I know her and nothing could be more joyful than ever thinking I did.
When all I recollect are disjointed memories pieced together by facts and everything makes me smile.
I think that's why she loved me so for it never mattered what we had necessarily done just that it made us happy in the end.
For she told me we have to carry each other when one falls and the other can carry on as nobody can ever walk alone and nobody can ever walk forever.
Then I realize it's not the days I don't remember that are just happy because they are, it's the days that are happy because I don't remember them not being any other way.
You never had a childhood you can remember not because you choose to forget it willingly but because it's not worth remembering.
So you write as if you see things like a child would because you never had a chance to see as a child would, simply happily.
I think that's why she told me to run with her because she never felt so willing to remember the way her childhood felt so innocently joyful than with me.
I guess when we're children we never realize how hard it is to run so fast and so far.
You believe that's why we never think we couldn't and that is why we have to be so carefree and seemingly reckless to do great things.
It's because a happy child really doesn't know what it's like to be afraid and I think she longed to feel innocent again and I longed to feel like I never wasn't.
I know that's why when I think of her kissing me I know it's not a lie and in some ways you think it always was.

No comments:

Post a Comment