Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Way You Dream I Was Dreaming

The way you dream I was dreaming,
She found me like she needed me.
I lost my eyes in skies that never quite knew the sunrise.
And dreamed of lies that never quite knew her eyes.
Until she told me to wear a disguise until these lies die.
She stole my grief and everything which consumed me like a thief.
Until not even words could find their way to pain she didn't write.
For write they must until she took even those lies away.
And pain it never had a pen to decipher these thoughts between these ears.
Upon paper that never could understand what was written on couldn't help it.
When we look at things that can cause us to relieve our grief as more than human.
For words mean nothing unless they can heal you by inspiring you to not break in two.
If then really the lie means more to me than her own ability to heal me I think I'm just lying to myself.
I think that's why you live two lives, one of which I never knew and one of which I always wanted to.
For if we can lie to ourselves to be next to her which she never knew why we didn't fully tell the truth you think that means more than lying to make her love us.
If this means you must hide all words for her to understand the way you feel you must!
For when she digs them out of me one at a time, she'll see I'm not just human I am healed as well.
In this you think it's not the way we feel which defines us, it's the way she feels as we feel the way we feel with her.
There can be no greater way to be than the way she makes us to be.
In this we hope she's more beautiful than what we don't understand and greater than what we never could.
For the limits of our dreams define the extent we see her to be and in limits there is no greater thing in our minds.
Then maybe the problem isn't with our dreams it's with our inability to be loved by one who sees our dreams.
In this you hope and believe her to be greater than you can ever see or hope her to be.
Knowingly I'll never know her and I think that's why I'll be forgotten to even myself.
Though if she can still feel the way I want her to feel for me maybe there's hope after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment