Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Her Name was Something Like Jewelry

You never told me how I broke your heart.
Only that I was the one that did it.
More beautiful was your heart than all the sunlight I could see.
Yet your heart was so graceful I could never see the shade.
I had told you I would walk through valleys for you.
It was because I always wanted to someday see mountain ranges with you.
For I had wished to see from heights all the cites which covered the world below us.
I'd ask to take your hand from within this serene place I wish to walk you through.
We'd play like children in wilderness of meadows, to run, to laugh and also to smile.
I said you're like a dream I could never only just touch and also the only one I only ever wished to reach.
I'd said I'd want to sing for you and every song you loved to hear sing was only about love.
To dip my faith in the waters surrounding us you'd see it rise again cleaner than it ever was before.
For you I'd wash my sorrows again and again with faith until they're too small to ever be seen as pain.
In you I'd believe that nothing is more beautiful than the ability to feel loved and love because of it.
As I'd see my hopes made more truthful and more and more believable in the way you'd make me feel.
I told you I believe in something greater that's also loving like how a dove is able to sit so calmly after crashing on lake top until the water surrounding it starts to calm around it.
I know you're gorgeous because I'd never see you for who you think you are and only who I believe you can be.
You can be how you know you are deep inside of yourself you just may not realize it yet.
Someday I want to help you know that of all wounds the heart is maybe the easiest one to break and also the easiest one to fix.
I've made mistakes I believe but you were never one of them because I would have broken my heart also if I'd ever have broken yours and a broken heart is also the easiest thing to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment