Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Greatest Seasons of One's Life


I took her dreams and all she believed,
And wore them like anchors and triumphs lifting me to skies to also lift me higher.
She told me all she knew and I felt like she's one to know.
Taking all life's difficulties as temporary while she finds good things she sees as miracles which paint her such beautiful pictures.
In a life that she finds so wonderfully, beautiful like all she dreamed of for all the good things she one day would wake to find.
She found me as if daring and believing that one day I'll paint her world pictures with all the beautiful things she wants to see in life.
It would be like with my love I'd hope for her to have I'd take triumphs from the skies and carry them down to her to tell her what I could find for her to also show her I love her.

I tell her, her name reminds me of January because knowing her feels like the beginning of the new year.

For in some places when the snow starts to settle in after the new year this I tell her that means spring is also coming soon.
She'll say one day it was worth it to feel the cold earlier because she believed one day it would help us better feel the oncoming warmth in knowing we'll one day have each other.
She is more beautiful than all the words I could ever mutter as the only words worth muttering are the ones that make me realize I'm warmer than if I had never said anything at all.

When spring comes one day with her I'll tell her, she reminds me of summer because though it's now warming we'll find our passions warmest when the sun has filled our paths the brightest.
I'll tell her this road was made for us to walk as the sky it lights the road most visible when we're able to walk most comfortably together.
Finding our peace down the steps we walk with our four feet making trails together into evenings that rise in bright, fresh morning air.

Then when summer passes and fall approaches as our lives start to droop down the pinnacles from the roads we walked together, I'll tell her she's most beautiful now as I have spent my life finding how I could lift her greater.
For the roads we walked I walked with and for her and four feet can walk farther than two feet ever could. As I realize I could have never loved as much had I never been in love with her.
I'll remember summer and laugh about how we were so passionate and embracing of every opportunity as hopeful. We'd be smiling because we could remember how adventurous she was and how courageous I was and how wonderful we were together.

Then when even the fall begins to pass as the snow starts to fully fill the world around us, the air is thick and time seems to slow I'll look at her and tell her she's more beautiful than I ever knew.

As all the time I had spent with her, I could never fully see how much I had loved her until our time is running out. I want to be thankful for all the time I had and grateful for all that she is and was and still is.

I'll tell her I originally thought she reminded me of January and the new year but I was wrong because she really reminds me of December.

Because when we both fall into some sleep where our lives pass away she'll have been with me all the seasons of the greatest years of my life and I was thankful I could see such a beautiful life with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment