Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

She likes to Pray and Pick Flowers While Watching Butterflies Flap their Wings

For on words they swung were elegant.
To be moved by the immediate and transformed by the sound.
From every song they sang was beautiful and not one word away ran unknown.
You asked her how she knew the words to how you felt when you felt most at ease and understood.
She said, “I'm just picking daffodils from flowerbeds and watching butterflies fly around me.”
That day you remember well because she was really telling you about her greatest joys from childhood.
You asked her what caused her to remember her joys of childhood so vividly when she talked to you.
She laughed and said, “some of us just need to be sung a song and when I was a child I'd sing and look at the sunlight inspired until evening and then I'd fall asleep, resting under the moonlight.”
You never asked her why she'd sit in a garden until evening then fall asleep under the stars, but one day you realized she did it only when she was praying.
For her mother she said never loved her and her father she said was an alcoholic.
She'd go to a garden her neighbors made before they moved away and watched their flowers grow, picking weeds when she realized they would cause some flowers to wither and die.
You told her, "I believe when a butterflies flaps its wings the world can change."
You said,  "I read it in a book one time, and it's called the butterfly effect I believe."
She asked you how you knew of her hardship of this moment, she told you, "I also took for joy in ease and understanding of how she made me feel."
I looked at her and told her, “You've won now you realize for every time a butterfly flaps its wings you like to sing.”
You lost not one beautiful syllable or heartfelt poignancy in her words and everything was beautiful.
When she sings I can still feel goosebumps on my skin and I tell myself it's just a butterfly landing on my arm ready to fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment