Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

An Ode to Women

An Ode to Women

From where she ran she knew.
Not all roads are wrapped among her.
Twisting kaleidoscope eyes.
I never quite knew her colors.

Though when she kisses me.
I feel like everything's grinning.
For not even skies could turn on me.
Never could the path be narrow.

For everything seems greatly given.
Not even mystery could hold such grace.
When her arms wrap around me.
I fall into a permanent grandeur.

Yet she's like a fickle canvas.
That never knew what color to be.
For when you give her all you have.
You realize you never have enough to give.

Such is the path of paths forgotten.
Down roads we walk in mysteries forgotten.
Never to sing a song worth singing.
When every word shows up empty.

And you, I'd give her whatever I have to give.
Understanding I have just word and song.
Not one of which could see me through.
When all I have is a mystery forgotten.

Kaleidoscope eyes she whispers.
Don't have a color but what they need.
Love what way I reveal myself to you.
Then forget you never knew me at all.

I think that's why I know her well.
Because I've never been one to stay you knew.
For that is why she never showed me.
Who she really claims to be.

I find comfort in her unexplainable.
As I am one that doesn't even understand myself.
That is why she explains me every moment.
As I find more of who I want to be.

To think the woman is but a myth is more a lie than a god ever was.
As god themselves can't impart such wonder that she has and will do.
I think that's why we lie to ourselves when in actuality we're the only truth.
That anyone anywhere ever needed to explain their purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment