Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

She Made Him Dream

She took me by a dream.
One that shook me until I lost sight of anything but her beauty.
The way she made me feel, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't divine.
I watched her face smiling at me in a crowd, until I found such peace in being noticed by her.
Transfixed by such a stare, I found astonishment in her joy and her resilience.
So it was like I fell into something like a trance and I dreamed of things of awe.
You thought of all the ways we'd grow old together as me the master of my dream could muster.
For her I'd lose sight of everything, then find myself together again with her in a better place.
It would be like coming out of a daze, when instead of being lost I'd find myself among friends.
Bewildered by the company of such wonderful people I'd ask myself how I could have been so blessed.

I spend my days picking daffodils from riddles, numbers and logic people string together like mirages in the desert sand trying so desperately to believe they're worth more than gods or mammoths at that.
Thinking their imagination could create colossus from numbers and skyscrapers in brilliance from.
I make powerful ones more powerful though still I dream of her, like a child who never found their way with a beautiful hand to hold.
For yes even this is a daze my angel, the beautiful one I know when I shut my eyes and still dream of sunshine on ocean-top.
I tell myself there's no place I'd rather be and I know I'm right.

It's funny the stories we tell ourselves to keep from getting old.
Where grown men find comfort in adventure and hope, with women believing in fairy tale and faith.
Intertwined between the narrowed paths we walk together we find ourselves eventually walking the same road.
For her I'd pick daffodils forever, knowing honestly I don't believe in such outlandish things.
Because when we're knocked down to the bitter depths or when we're elevated to the loftiest heights,
We will have each other and that's all that we have.
I'd be lying if I told myself there wasn't any other way to live.
For in love you find the greatest blessing of all and in this you find life itself.
There is nothing that could ever be greater and nothing that could ever be great.
I think that's why we dream when we know it's just that a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment