Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Aspiring Author

You dream of everything I knew.
Though everything I knew is forgotten.
From what we never knew.

Lies they blot out lies.
Convincing us there's graceless eventuality.
When all we ever knew is mistaken.

We live for the first time when we realize what lies we've had.
Scared shitless like deer in headlights not knowing where we're going.
Just knowing that we're really screwed.

You think that's why we waste our hopes with drunken lies.
Convincing ourselves there's grace to follow after.
Though honestly we make grace ourselves.

Tell a friend that helps you, you're thankful.
Buy them a card or give them something meaningful.
Like a painting or a piece of art to show you appreciate them.
As you'd still be lost and fearful without their help.

Some people live through life not knowing the goodness in people.
They give favor like encouragement holding dollars for favors.
Never knowing that sometimes people care because they care.
We're all in this life together evidently.

Though you always have to show someone you're worth helping.
Knowing in their minds you'll appreciate it and give back later.
It's never right to forget the people which help you be helped.

You think that's what separates good people from greater people.
Good people thank those which help them greater people make them know how thankful they are.
I think one day I'm going to make my friends a monument of words and praises.
So they'll know how great I know them to be.
I'll call it thanks and be forgotten.
Not from what I am but from what I'm not.
For good people see the good in people and friends see how the good can be made better.
For the things we are not are not what make us good friends.
It's the things friends know to be good about us and see every single day.
For that is why you always unconditionally appreciate the good people in your life.
They see you for who you are and know you to be worth knowing in their lives as a friend.
For that money can never buy and that is a gift which is priceless.

I'm making my friends something great in my life and it may be a book someday to write for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment